Our most frequently asked questions can be found here. If you have any other questions, feel free to chat with us LIVE by clicking "Help" in the Immersed VR app!
What devices can run Immersed?
Immersed is now available on the Meta Quest 2, Meta Quest Pro, HTC Vive Focus 3 and coming soon to PICO 4. We will release to other XR platforms in the future.
PC, Mac, and Linux are supported for displaying screens in Immersed.
- PC & Mac supports "Virtual Displays" where no extra external monitors are required.
- Currently, Linux only supports plugged-in external monitors (virtual displays coming soon!).
What Mac OS versions are supported?
MacOS 10.15.7+ supports virtual displays for Immersed. We try to support Mac hardware that is up to 5 years old, but the OS needs to be upgraded to 10.15.7+.
What Windows OS versions are supported?
Windows 10 64-bit is required. Immersed supports virtual displays on Windows now! The recommended GPU is a NVIDIA Graphics card supported driver v378.66 or later. Intel CPU supported QuickSync is also supported.
What Linux versions are supported?
Immersed supports x64 Ubuntu 16.04+ distributions. Raspberry Pi is not supported but coming soon!
How do I download the Desktop Agent / Streamer app to each of my computers?
Open the Immersed VR app on your VR headset, then in the VR Menu > Computers tab, enter your email address to receive a pairing code for each computer you want to connect to. Then open the subsequent email on the computer you want to connect to.
Why can’t I connect to Immersed?
- Make sure that you are on the same network for your VR device and your computer.
- Verify that you are not currently obstructed by firewalls, VPNs, or VMs, since that will interfere with your connection.
- Ensure that your drivers are updated on your computer.
- If you're stilling having issues, try the troubleshooting steps here.
I have Linux with an Intel CPU, how can I get better performance?
Download and install the MediaSDK which will enable hardware encoding.
My VR app says that I am on an outdated version of the application and won’t let me go any further.
- Ensure that your VR app and the desktop agent are on the latest versions available.
- If this problem still persists, uninstall and reinstall your VR app.
- If it continues after that, please reach out to us at our Immersed Community.
Why is my connection so slow?
How can I get multiple monitors in VR?
In Immersed you can use virtual displays (PC & Mac only), plugged-in external monitors, or headless display emulators. Read more about this here for more information.
Why do I get a black screen when it says I'm connected?
- Make sure your monitor is detected by Windows. Some monitors/TVs need to be turned on to be detected.
- If you have an Nvidia based laptop, right-click the desktop and click Nvidia Control Panel, then Manage 3D settings. Set the preferred graphics processor to "High-performance Nvidia processor" globally (see here). Restart your computer once this is changed.
- If you have an Intel based laptop, make sure you have the latest Intel graphics drivers installed.
- Try turning off the Windows Night light feature, HDR or uninstalling applications that change the color of your screen such as F.Lux.
Why do I get a black screen when trying to watch Netflix, Hulu or other streaming service?
Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome and some Windows Store apps have DRM that prevent those services from being captured. Using Firefox solves this problem.
Why do I get a green screen when trying to use the webcam feature?
Your Oculus avatar isn't properly set. Go back out to the Oculus Home Settings > Profile > and reset your avatar, then restart the Immersed VR app and your computer.
Why is my mouse getting stuck at the edge and not moving in a way that the screens in Virtual Reality suggest?
Although the screens in your VR workspace give you plenty of flexibility to change the configurations around, the actual movement of the mouse is governed by your display settings. Immersed will try its best to match those settings when you first run Immersed.
By opening the Immersed menu in VR and going to Settings > Arrangement Settings, you can manually match your computer's display arrangement to what arrangement you see in VR.
I see a black screen with a white box around the mouse. What should I do?
First, try restarting your Immersed agent and VR application.
- This typically happens with MacOS Catalina and its new Screen Recording setting.
- To fix this, simply ensure that Screen Recording is enabled in your Mac’s System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Privacy
- Check to make sure that apps like Flux and Windows Nightlight are disabled. Lenovo Vantage also has a color temperature setting that you may want to disable.
- If that doesn’t work, verify that no firewalls are blocking data streams through the socket (even if the socket is connected).
- To troubleshoot, try to disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cables while being connected in the app and see if the monitors are visible again.
Can I use the Immersed Windows Agent with my firewall on?
You might be able to use Immersed with a Windows Agent with your firewall left on if you set your Network to “Private” under your Windows Settings.
Can I share my screen in public rooms?
Immersed does not allow users to share their screen in public rooms to ensure user privacy and safety. If you would like to share your screen(s) with other users, you will need to move into a private room and invite them.
Can I use high-res extended physical monitors with Immersed?
Yes, but this will unnecessarily stress your GPU and your text/UI experience will most likely lag. The best way to fix this is to unplug your physical, high-res monitors and create virtual ones with Immersed.
How do I enable sound to come out of my headset when using Immersed? (Mac Only)
First, make sure you select Enable Audio on the Immersed Desktop Agent on your computer. If that doesn’t do it, also make sure you select Immersed as an output for sound under your sound settings on your computer. If you’re still having issues with your sound, reach out to our support team on the Immersed Community.
How do I activate and use the Immersed Webcam feature?
Check out the step-by-step instructions here to activate and use the Immersed Webcam.
I’m using the Immersed Webcam for my video-conferencing call and my voice audio isn’t being picked up. Why is that?
Immersed currently doesn’t support input audio from the headset into a video conferencing call. Enabling your sound input on your computer to go through your computer or headphones will solve this.
How do I download the Immersed Agent to my computer?
After you open the Immersed VR app, enter your email in the VR Menu > Computers tab (you might need to click "Add Another Agent").
I have virtual displays enabled on my Mac, but only see one monitor.
Make sure your Mac’s Display settings has Mirror Displays unchecked.
Any other questions?
Please ask us directly on the Immersed Community!